Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rest in Peace Grandad


My Grandfather (Biery) has had a difficult year and the week of Thanksgiving was put into Hospice care. I've been thinking of him a lot since then as he settled into a peaceful and comfortable place over the past few weeks. I made the decision to remain in San Francisco as he went through his transition—choosing to remember him the way he was last December when Bethany and I visited. However, this decision wasn't easy and I was very saddened today when I received the call that last night he passed away in his sleep. Not only am I losing my Grandfather, but it reminds me of my Mom, who died 15 years ago and who I miss so much all the time. On the other hand, I can find joy and comfort in knowing that my Grandad can now be reunited with his daughter, as well as my Grandmother, who passed in August of 2006. Grandad was 87 years young.

Grandad - I'll love and miss you forever. xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear the news! I wish I could be there to give you a big hug! I know he's with his family and he has no pain! God Bless! Love you.

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry. We lost my dad's dad right before Christmas when I was in college. I'll be thinking of you.

i love svet said...

kel, i'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa and my love and condolences go out to you and your fam...love you lots and i'll light a candle for him and you and your family.

lots of love,
svet

Carrie S. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. It sounds like he lived a very long and full life.

Carrie